petek, 11. julij 2008

Damn Koreans

Lost (TV series)Image via WikipediaThere was another thing that happened on the last day of Imagine Cup. The last morning we were packing and getting ready to go home Matjaž realizes we don't have the projector I've borrowed from Zemanta. Damn! My blood pressure just went from high to higher.

I started to do memory backtracking. I couldn't remember wether I have left the damn thing on the bus or at the hotel. I have checked all the Lost-and-Found places in hotel and no result. So I was sure I left it on the bus. I found one of the Imagine Cup organizers and she helped me out to scout the buses. She called all 8 buses their drivers and asked them to check for the missing projector. No luck.

I double checked all the receptions in the hotel hoping to get my projector back. Still no luck. Then I have faced my situation and said to myself "well there goes 600€".

While I was furiously searching for my projector others from my team went around Paris a little. When they came back they found me sleeping on the sofa. We had an hour before our last buses would leave for the airport. We went together to the big room where all Imagine Cup competitors left their baggage. And what do we see!?

A casing of the projector that is of the same model as ours. And now we had an hour to prove that the projector was ours. It was registered to some Korean guy and there was nothing we could come up with to prove that it is ours. I phoned Andraž Tori that is the owner of the projector and the whole office was searching for the projector serial numbers. They came up with 5 different serial numbers but none of those was correct.

Than our photographer CSI expert :) Anže took out his laptop and camera and searched for the pictures that would have the projector on them. There were a lot but none of them a proof that the projector is ours.

And then the "owners" of the projector step in. We had 20 minutes to catch the last bus. There was the Imagine Cup organizer, hotel baggage guy and the hotel security officer in the room. One of them asks the Korean "is this your baggage?". The guy was playing stupid and trying to get all his stuff out of the room. Security guy stops him and repeats the question. Koren says Yes. Security guy asks him about the projector and the Korean responds "I have found it. My bad"

We were all a bit pissed at the Korean. But I am sure he will get what is coming for him. The Korean Imagine Cup will probably disqualify him.

And I am richer for another word phrase. If there will be something wrong or went missing in the future I will say: "Those damn Koreans again" :)
Zemanta Pixie

Ni komentarjev: